Signs of Spiritual Attack
Man is consisting of the body; the spirit and the soul. It is the spirit that mainly controls what happens to the body and soul. Because of this it is essential that every child of God guides and secures the spirit man at all time. Once the spirit man is down; it is just a matter of time the result will manifest in the physical.
Signs that you are under spiritual attack.
1. Feelings of Condemnation
Many people go through times of depression or feelings of low self-esteem and this is perfectly normal.
What isn’t normal is to stay there. Some Christians may begin to have feelings of condemnation and clearly, that is not from God.
There is a huge difference between condemnation and conviction. Condemnation makes a person feel hopelessly condemned and heading for the judgment of God. There is fear and trepidation about the future. They might feel that they can’t possibly be saved. Conviction on the other hand drives us to repentance and directs us away from sin. Conviction is good; condemnation is not.
They are certainly not the same. The believer must remember what is written in Romans 8:1 where Paul says “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” To be in Jesus Christ means that you have had a time in your life where you were broken over your sins and you repented (turned away and forsook your sins) and then placed your trust in Christ. For those who have trusted in Him, they will not be ashamed at the return of Christ for He took the punishment of the wrath of God that we deserved which He didn’t. That’s why there is no more condemnation for believers. If you are feeling condemnation right now, you are either not saved and can be saved right now or you are mixing up the convicting work of the Holy Spirit over your sin verses the condemnation that the enemy is sending you. That could be a spiritual attack from the enemy. Don’t believe your feelings because feelings are the shallowest part of the human psyche. Believe what God says, not what you feel.
2. Loss of Spiritual Appetite
When we are under spiritual attack the last thing we feel like doing is reading our Bible or hearing biblical messages or preaching but at the very time we lose our spiritual appetite is the exact time that we need it most. Dive into Romans chapter 8, John chapter 6 and 10 or the Book of Philippians (the so- called “joy epistle”).
3. Prayers hit the Ceiling
We might think that our prayers are hitting the ceiling and then falling back to earth but that is certainly not the case at all. The Book of Hebrews says “we have a great high priest” (Heb 4:14) and do you think this High Priest, Jesus Christ, will fail to intercede for us? Name a time when Jesus Christ ever failed.
4. Feelings of Overwhelming Helplessness
This happens to me a lot; I feel so overburdened and overwhelmed that I feel that there isn’t any hope. I feel completely hopeless. Now stop and read that first sentence of mine to identify the problem. It is “I feel” and “I feel” and “I feel” repeated three times. Once more, I am putting too much stock in feelings when they are the most undependable of all human belief and emotions.
If you are pulling away from your friends, particularly your godly friends, and you have stopped going to church and have no desire to be with the saints of God in the Body of Christ that is a bad place to be my friend. Let me tell you why.
6. Increasing Patterns of Sin
Experiencing increasing patterns of sin is a big issue for many Christians. I know quite a few Christians who claim to be saved yet their lifestyle looks nothing like that of a believer but that’s a different issue. If know you’re saved but you find yourself slipping back into the sinful patterns and habits that you had been avoiding you might be getting hit by the enemy. We really have three enemies to fight; the flesh, the world, and the enemy and his demons.
If you have been experiencing condemnation, have lost your spiritual appetite, believe that your prayers just bounce off the ceiling, have overwhelming feelings of helplessness, are becoming more and more isolated from other Christians, and are falling into increasing patterns of sin, it’s time to put on the spiritual armor of God (Eph 6:10-18) and prepare for battle for he wants to have you back but you were already bought with a price (1st Cor 6:20) and that price was the precious blood of the Lamb of God and you are not your own anymore (1st Cor 6:19).
You belong to Christ so Satan, “hands off!”
God bless you
Article by Pastor Jack Wellman
1. Every spiritual activity of darkness against my life, be fruitless in Jesus name
2. I paralyze every effort of wickedness targeted against my destiny in Jesus name
3. Every power of the night manipulating people’s destiny via the dream, be wasted in Jesus name.
4. Every principalities and powers on assignment concerning my destiny be arrested in Jesus name.
5. O Lord, deliver me from every witchcraft manipulation designed to pull me down in life in Jesus name.
6. Thou force of affliction, my life is not your candidate, fail in Jesus name.
7. Every weapon of satanic attack engaged against my life, be wasted in Jesus name.
8. I raise a standard against every attack of rulers of darkness in my life in Jesus name
9. I raise a standard against every attack of spiritual wickedness against my life in Jesus name
10. Every agent of wickedness on assignment concerning my life and destiny be arrested in Jesus name.
11. I reject every spiritual manipulation and operations in my dream from today in Jesus name.
12. Every arrow of darkness fired against my destiny, backfire in Jesus name.
13. Father, Shield my family with the blood of Jesus name from every form of spiritual attacks in Jesus name.
14. O Lord attack every spiritual attackers attacking my destiny in Jesus name
Father, by the Holy Ghost fire, make my life un-attackable in Jesus name.