Mountain Top Life DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DANGERS OF FAILED PARENTING 2

26TH JANUARY, 2022

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 4, Job 5, Job 6, Job 7, Matthew 19:1-15, Psalm 17:1-5

FIRE SCRIPTURE:  1 Samuel 2:22-36

22 Now Eli was very old; and he heard everything his sons did to all Israel, and how they lay with the women who assembled at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 

23 So he said to them, “Why do you do such things? For I hear of your evil dealings from all the people. 

24 No, my sons! For it is not a good report that I hear. You make the Lord’s people transgress. 

25 If one man sins against another, God will judge him. But if a man sins against the Lord, who will intercede for him?” Nevertheless they did not heed the voice of their father, because the Lord desired to kill them.

26 And the child Samuel grew in stature, and in favor both with the Lord and men.

27 Then a man of God came to Eli and said to him, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Did I not clearly reveal Myself to the house of your father when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh’s house? 

28 Did I not choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be My priest, to offer upon My altar, to burn incense, and to wear an ephod before Me? And did I not give to the house of your father all the offerings of the children of Israel made by fire? 

29 Why do you kick at My sacrifice and My offering which I have commanded in My dwelling place, and honor your sons more than Me, to make yourselves fat with the best of all the offerings of Israel My people?’ 

30 Therefore the Lord God of Israel says: ‘I said indeed that your house and the house of your father would walk before Me forever.’ But now the Lord says: ‘Far be it from Me; for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed. 

31 Behold, the days are coming that I will cut off your arm and the arm of your father’s house, so that there will not be an old man in your house. 

32 And you will see an enemy in My dwelling place, despite all the good which God does for Israel. And there shall not be an old man in your house forever. 

33 But any of your men whom I do not cut off from My altar shall consume your eyes and grieve your heart. And all the descendants of your house shall die in the flower of their age. 

34 Now this shall be a sign to you that will come upon your two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas: in one day they shall die, both of them. 

35 Then I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest who shall do according to what is in My heart and in My mind. I will build him a sure house, and he shall walk before My anointed forever. 

36 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left in your house will come and bow down to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and say, “Please, put me in one of the priestly positions, that I may eat a piece of bread.”

ALSO READ: DCLM DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY


MEMORY VERSE:

The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.” Proverbs 29:15


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE:
Be careful how you live; you may be the Bible people ever read.

PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit.


PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:

I DECREE THAT THE ALMIGHTY GOD WILL MAKE YOU A GOOD EXAMPLE AND POSITIVE INFLUENCE FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND WARD, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.


THE MESSAGE:

    Lack of proper parental monitoring and guidance is responsible for the havoc the enemy is doing to children nowadays. Many parents are just not available; they are busy with other issues of life while their children are left at the mercy of wolves that devour without remnants. By the time the dastardly deeds of the enemy are done, more often than not, parents run helter-skelter to do damage control or seek lasting solution, unfortunately it has often become too late.

    As a result of failed parenting, many untrained and ill-mannered youths have turned to vices and crimes. Such undesirable elements have negatively rewritten the history of their families and tarnished the good image their grandparents and parents worked so hard to build.


    ALSO READ: OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY

    Failed parenting causes poor growth and development in children physically, mentally and spiritually. The consequences of negative developmental issues are carried over into future years, if left unchecked.

    Most of the cases of mass failure in examination, truancy, cultism, are traceable to parents' poor nurturing and neglect of their duties in the lives of their children: failure to spend quality time with their children, teach and share helpful tips on how to live a godly life, rebuke, correct and discipline when necessary, encourage and support when needed. On the other hand, some parents always make negative comparison between their children and other children, criticise them without setting good examples. One of the best ways to teach a child anything is by doing it yourself. Leading by example goes a long way to teach and reinforce the needed virtues in the lives of these younger humans. Your child will see what you do and copy it.

    ALSO READ: CAC LIVING WATER FOR TODAY


    Dear parent, never underestimate the influence you have on these young ones. That is why your life should communicate and teach them positive values.

    Beloved parent, avoid overpampering your child, else he becomes hardened and repellent to corrections. Rather, be there to help him where necessary, but give him room to grow, mature and be independent gradually. Show him love and teach him to love God and others. My prayer for you is that you will not fail in your parenting responsibilities and none of your children will become a black sheep, in the name of Jesus.

    PRAYER POINTS:

MORNING

    1. I shall not fail God in the area of parenting, in the name of Jesus.
    2. I shall not miss heaven due to bad parenting, in the name of Jesus.
    3. Dear Holy Spirit, come and take absolute control in this assignment of parenting You have given me, in the name of Jesus.

EVENING

    4. O Lord, restore my children from the grip of bad parenting, in the name of Jesus.
    5. My children shall not be misfired arrows in my hands, in the name of Jesus.
    6. My children shall not be menace to the society, in the name of Jesus.
    7. Every character failure in me, reproducing in my children, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.

DO HAVE A BLESSED DAY


©2022 MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, MOUNTAIN OF FIRE and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide


Post a Comment

Add You Comments, Prayer Request, Recommendations, Questions and so on

Previous Post Next Post