DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL

KNOW YOURSELF

8TH ,FEBRUARY 2022

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 25-27

TEXT: John 8:12-31
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, “You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true.”

14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 

15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 

16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. 

17 It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. 

18 I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”

19 Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”

20 These words Jesus spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple; and no one laid hands on Him, for His hour had not yet come.

21 Then Jesus said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come.”

22 So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?”

23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

25 Then they said to Him, “Who are You?”

And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him.”

27 They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.

28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.

 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” 

30 As He spoke these words, many believed in Him.

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.


ALSO READ: MFM DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY


KEY VERSE: John 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”


THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

To know yourself, know the Lord.



THE MESSAGE:

The saying, “Know thyself” is mostly attributed to Socrates, the ancient Greek philosopher. Over time, this saying has been applied in different ways that it has acquired a variety of meanings. It can, however, serve as a word of caution or motivation. Self-knowledge will, on one hand, help a person to know his limits, on the other, bolster a person’s self-esteem and nudge him to act accordingly.


ALSO READ: CAC LIVING WATER FOR TODAY


Jesus was conscious and unmistaken of who He was. He knew where He came from, the purpose of His coming and what happens to those that follow Him. Although the Pharisees doubted His claim of being the Messiah, their argument did not invalidate the truth of His assertion. He never focused on impressing it upon them that He was the Son of God. Neither did He shy away from telling them who they were.


ALSO READ: OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY


One major problem many believers of today have is timidity. They find it difficult to tell others that they are born again Christians. It is as if they doubt their salvation experience in Christ. Knowing who we are will enable us take our stand in every situation. Jesus did not lose focus; He was able to explain His mission on earth that His traducers could no more argue.

You cannot truly know yourself until you come to Jesus Christ, “the light of the world”. He said, “he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life”. Everyone so redeemed has a definite and new elevated status as joint heirs with the Son. This comes with inalienable rights and privileges. Do you know yourself?


DO HAVE A BLESSED DAY



©2022 DAILY MANNA IS a daily devotional by PASTOR W.F KUMUYI (General Overseer, DEEPER LIFE CHRISTIAN MINISTRY )



Post a Comment

Add You Comments, Prayer Request, Recommendations, Questions and so on

Previous Post Next Post