LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DO NOT BE A DESTROYER

1ST , APRIL 2022


EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Samuel 20-23

READ:Exodus 15:1-9
1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.

2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

4 Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea.

5 The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.

6 Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

7 And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble.

8 And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.

9 The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.



ALSO READ: DEEPER LIFE DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY


MEMORISE: " Those who see you will gaze at you, and consider you, saying: 'Is this the man who made the earth tremble, who shook kingdoms, who made the world as a wilderness and destroyed its cities? " – Isaiah 14:16,17a


READ WORD OF THE DAY HERE



EXPOSITION

There seems to be presently a social trend towards total annihilation--the mentality to destroy other persons, businesses, professions, homes, etc. to "make it," and an insatiable desire to destroy all that is good and godly to spite the Maker! Look at the irony in the words of Chris Hedges: "We now live in a nation where Religions destroy morals; Universities destroy knowledge; Doctors destroy health; Lawyers destroy justice; Media destroy information; Families destroy values; Politicians destroy polity; Governments destroy the governed; Banks destroy economy."


ALSO READ: MFMMOUNTAIN TOP DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY.



A Russian anarchist, Mikhail Bakunin (1814-876), had since the beginning of the evil revolution confessed: "Our mission is to destroy and not to build or edify. The passion of destruction is a creative passion." Karl Marx also said that the "demon of ambition" is a propelling factor towards this infernal desire. He even sometimes expressed worry concerning a great temptation that was then weighing-in on him to "rebel (inveigh) against Deity and curse mankind!" Destroying things, most especially that should have been useful to God and humanity is a Satan-induced spirit that every right-thinking, heaven-conscious person should avoid like a plague.


    ALSO READ: GOFAMINT DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY


    The "enemy" in today's devotional text had said long ago, 'I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; My desire shall be satisfied on them. I will draw my sword, My hand shall destroy them' (Exod. 15:9). This shows that every initiative to destroy others is an enemy spirit. Refer to today's Memory Scripture as well.


    ALSO READ: OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY


    Paul admonishes that we should 'abstain from every form of evil' (1 Thess. 5:22; cf. Eph. 4:29; 5:7-9). Don't be a destroyer! You can't withstand the consequences: 'If anyone defiles' (destroys) 'the temple of God' (not just the temple alone, but anything God creates for our good), God will destroy (extinguish, terminate, annihilate) him (1 Cor. 3:17).



    PRAYER POINT:

      1. I am an agent of goodness and righteousness, and not of destruction of values, truth and holiness, in Jesus' name. So help me God!

      2. O Lord, deliver me from the onslaught of destroyers in every way.

      3. Pray against the spirit of destruction of godly values, institutions, advocacy, good governance, accountability in our land.

    DO HAVE A BLESSED DAY


    ©2022 LIVING WATERS IS a daily devotional by THE CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH



    Post a Comment

    Add You Comments, Prayer Request, Recommendations, Questions and so on

    Previous Post Next Post